Building History

Home » About » Building History

Building E

Building History

The oldest part of our building dates back to 1889 with additions added multiple times through the 1970s. For many years, the American Can Company operated in this sprawling complex and manufactured metal food cans for Carnation, Campbell’s Soup, Del Monte, American National Can, and others. In 1999, they won Canmaker magazine’s “Can of the Year” award for their two-piece Spam can.

Our name is a nod to the history of the building as well as the French populist art movement, Can Can.