Bar Program Manager
We’re looking for people who…
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Warm personality
- Solid work ethic
- Love people
Our bar program is a vitally important revenue stream and part of the guest experience at Can Can Wonderland. The key objectives of the Bar Manager are:
- Ensuring bar operations are managed efficiently to meet all budgeted requirements
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment for our staff and guests
- Provide support of the leadership to ensure the successful and profitable operation of Can Can Wonderland
- Bar Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations
- Bar Manager has a close working relationship with service managers, Chef, and the event manager
- Bar manager liasons with official purveyors to ensure the best possible costing of products
The management and coordination of:
- Day-to-day responsibility for the bar program
- Warm and graciously greeting all guests
- Determine staffing needs and recruit and train staff
- Set financial objectives and targets for bar program
- Delegate duties and tasks to meet objectives
- Set and monitor quality and service standards to staff
- Communicate/Ensure company policy, standards, and procedures
- Resolve guest complaints promptly
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of the bar
- Ensure adherence to inventory and financial measurements
- Checking in deliveries and documentation
- Inventory management
- Plan and implement cost control measures
- Plan and implement systems to maximize sales and service
- Maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and one on one development
- Possess a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional service
- Excellent communication skills
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Knowledge of service and food/beverage
- Excellent basic math skills
- Able to handle money
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- At least one year of bar management experience
- Familiarity with the local Twin Cities arts scene
- Value composting and recycling
- Passion for social purpose
- Enthusiastic dedication and professionalism
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play to create a one-of-a-kind arts immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
What in the world is Can Can Wonderland? It’s a whimsical wonderland of entertaining entertainment perfectly located between Minneapolis and Saint Paul — because we can never play favorites. One step inside and you’ll discover something is definitely different here. Everything.
Step right up to an experience unlike any other. Artist-designed mini golf (indoors!). Vintage arcade games. Delicious eats. Boozy malts. Live performances. Art. Private events. It’s all waiting to amaze. Come on in, let’s have some fun.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Can Can Wonderland encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.