We’re looking for people who…
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Have a warm personality
- Have a solid work ethic
- Love people
"You will succeed if you have delighted customers. Don’t settle for satisfied."
– Warren Buffet
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests
- Inform guests of specialities and features
- Someone disciplined who is enthusiastic in learning new things.
- Appreciation for hospitality and the art and soul in taking care of other people.
- Engaged and excited in the pursuit of excellence. Does not take shortcuts and not only wants to do things the right way, but finds avenues to accomplish tasks better.
- Skilled multi-tasker. Able to balance and micromanage time to accomplish tasks.
- You’re not an island. This is a team sport, and support physically & mentally is a necessity for your co-horts and your health.
- Works in a clean and organized matter. Please do your dishes.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails, soda fountain drinks, and other drinks.
- Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Slice and pit fruit, and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
- Ask guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Recognize and learn the names of regular guests
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
- Work well in a team
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests needs
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Possess a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Excellent communication skills / Possesses the ability to communicate well up and down
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Knowledge of service and food and beverage
- Excellent basic mathematical skills
- Able to handle money
- Able to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Passion for the social purpose
- Be available to Thursday through Sunday including some evenings
- Enthusiastic dedication and professionalism
- Value composting and recycling
- At least one year of bartending experience
- Familiarity with the local Twin Cities art scene
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play along with inventive food, vintage soda fountain, and a full bar to create a one-of-a-kind arts and entertainment immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
What in the world is Can Can Wonderland? It’s a whimsical wonderland of entertaining entertainment perfectly located between Minneapolis and Saint Paul — because we can never play favorites. One step inside and you’ll discover something is definitely different here. Everything.
Step right up to an experience unlike any other. Artist-designed mini golf (indoors!). Vintage arcade games. Delicious eats. Boozy malts. Live performances. Art. Private events. It’s all waiting to amaze. Come on in, let’s have some fun.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Can Can Wonderland encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.