Food & Beverage Director
We’re looking for people who…
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Warm personality
- Solid work ethic
- Love people
- Oversee the daily operations of food service staff
- Menu creation and food sourcing
- Monitor quality of products and services produced
- Manage inventory of ingredients and supplies
- Maintain health standards for raw and finished products
- Adhere to ServSafe standards
- Assist Director of Operations to recruit, hire, supervise, energize, and retain a diverse workforce
- Resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend action plans when appropriate
- Aid Human Resources with staff issues
- Uphold Human Resources standards of excellence
- Motivate and inspire the team to perform to the full potential and rally around Can Can Wonderland’s social purpose and values
- Guide other managers and staff to make sound business decisions and to uphold the social purpose
- Foster an environment of team work
- Coach and mentor staff, providing consistent, constructive feedback
- Demonstrate management style that is reflective of Can Can Wonderland’s values and culture
- Create staffing schedules that meet the needs of the business while also being sensitive to the needs of staff
- Work with payroll to ensure employees are paid properly and in a consistent fashion
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Tour and visually inspect kitchen on a daily basis. Monitor property condition, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of products and services
- Ensure cleanliness and consistent operations throughout kitchen area
- Maintain inventory integrity
- Work with Marketing to ensure all initiatives including in-store promotions, events, community involvement, etc align with brand standards
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure adherence to team expectations and to understand and support initiatives
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience (fast casual restaurant experience is ideal)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Excellent communication skills / Posseses the ability to communicate well up and down
- Tech-savvy to be able to use and troubleshoot POS system, online registration system, etc.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making, and financial analysis
- Ability to continuously move around all areas of the facility
- Passion for the social purpose
- Be available to Thursday through Sunday including some evenings
- Enthusiastic dedication and professionalism
- Motivate staff with positive attitude and leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff to create a positive work culture
- Associate Degree in Business, Sales, Hospitality, or related Field
- 1 year retail or sales experience
- Previous P&L ownership (including expense, labor management, forecasting)
- Experience managing 3rd party vendor partnerships
- Familiarity with the local Twin Cities art scene
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play along with inventive food, vintage soda fountain, and a full bar to create a one-of-a-kind arts and entertainment immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
We offer a truly unique, 18-hole artist designed, indoor mini golf course. But Can Can Wonderland isn’t just mini golf; it’s a wonderland full of arts-based fauna and flora for you to explore and delight in! Our boardwalk is full of attractions and amusements (created by/with artists). Our two performance stages offer a wide array of local and regional talents. We have a full bar with craft cocktails and beer. We also have delicious noshes coming out of our quick service kitchen. We even have a few unicorns.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Can Can Wonderland encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.