We’re looking for people who…
- Have direct management experience in the restaurant, bar, or catering and event industry
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Warm personality
- Excellent ethic
- Embody positivity
- Love people
“You will succeed if you have delighted customers. Don’t settle for satisfied.” ―Warren Buffett
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, energize, and retain a diverse workforce
- Resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend action plans when appropriate
- Identify opportunities and take swift action to correct behavior
- Aid Human Resources with staff issues
- Uphold human resources standards of excellence
- Motivate and inspire the team to perform to the full potential and embody Can Can Wonderland’s social purpose and values
- Guide other managers and staff to make sound business decisions and to uphold the social purpose
- Foster an environment of team work and a fun, enjoyable environment to work in
- Coach and mentor staff, and provide consistent, constructive feedback
- Demonstrate management style that is reflective of Can Can Wonderland’s values and culture
- Create staffing schedules that meet the needs of the business while also being sensitive to the needs of staff
- Work with payroll to ensure employees are paid properly and in a consistent fashion
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Subscribe to investing in our employees and their growth
- Create a maintain a customer-service driven visitor experience that inspires staff to provide excellence
- Oversee the quality process to ensure guest satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality, service, and experience
- Provide assistance in managing partnerships and 3rd party programs to ensure seamless experience for guests
- Be accountable for revenue, margin, and Net Operating Profits (NOP) budget across all channels
- Provide daily sales reporting and inventory
- Work with CFO and Director of Operations to manage cash flow
- Understand productive staff scheduling and write schedules to budgeted labor percentage
- Understand costs and impacts to financial statements
- Manage and review opportunities and take action to correct shortcomings
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor property, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of products and services
- Ensure cleanliness and consistent operations throughout facility
- Take action to ensure any games or mini golf holes needing repair are addressed promptly
- Maintain brand standards throughout the entire facility
- Participate in special projects / initiatives as assigned
- Maintain inventory integrity
- Work with Marketing to ensure all initiatives including in-store promotions, events, community involvement, etc align with brand standards
- Work with marketing to identify strategy and provide support
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure adherence to team expectations and to understand and support initiatives
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Possess a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Possess a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Excellent communication skills / Possesses the ability to communicate well up and down
- Tech-savvy to be able to use and troubleshoot POS system, online registration system, etc.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making, and financial analysis
- Ability to continuously move around all areas of the facility
- Passion for the social purpose
- Be available 50 hours per week which will include some evenings and weekends
- Enthusiastic dedication and professionalism
- Motivate staff with positive attitude and leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff to create a positive work culture
- Associate Degree in Business, Sales, Hospitality, or related Field
- 1 year retail or sales experience
- Previous P&L ownership (including expense, talent management, forecasting)
- Experience managing 3rd party vendor partnerships
- Familiarity with the local Twin Cities art scene
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a start-up with growth potential, working in a fun, friendly environment. Flexible benefits offered.
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play to create a one-of-a-kind arts immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
What in the world is Can Can Wonderland? It’s a whimsical wonderland of entertaining entertainment perfectly located between Minneapolis and Saint Paul — because we can never play favorites. One step inside and you’ll discover something is definitely different here. Everything.
Step right up to an experience unlike any other. Artist-designed mini golf (indoors!). Vintage arcade games. Delicious eats. Boozy malts. Live performances. Art. Private events. It’s all waiting to amaze. Come on in, let’s have some fun.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. Background check required.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.