We’re looking for people who…
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Have a warm personality
- Have a solid work ethic
- Love people
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to guests.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
- Complete opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Work well in a team
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests needs
- Ensure cleanliness and consistent operations throughout work area
- Possess a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Excellent communication skills / Possesses the ability to communicate well up and down
- Tech-savvy to be able to use POS system (training will be provided)
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Excellent basic math skills
- Able to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Passion for the social purpose
- Be available to Thursday through Sunday including some evenings
- Enthusiastic dedication and professionalism
- Value composting and recycling
- 1 year retail, sales, or bar or restaurant experience
- Familiarity with the local Twin Cities art scene
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play along with inventive food, vintage soda fountain, and a full bar to create a one-of-a-kind arts and entertainment immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
We offer a truly unique, 18-hole artist designed, indoor mini golf course. But Can Can Wonderland isn’t just mini golf; it’s a wonderland full of arts-based fauna and flora for you to explore and delight in! Our boardwalk is full of attractions and amusements (created by/with artists). Our two performance stages offer a wide array of local and regional talents. We have a full bar with craft cocktails and beer. We also have delicious noshes coming out of our quick service kitchen. We even have a few unicorns.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Can Can Wonderland encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.